Explore our expert-made templates & start with the right one for you.
Principal Developer Advocate
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and innovative technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
The Principal Developer Advocate position will report to the Head of Product and will be the key interface between the community, our customers and the Upsolver product and engineering organization. You will engage with the data and analytics community by creating compelling content, presenting at industry conferences, building demos and tools and being “customer zero” to improve Upsolver products for our developers. We’re looking for experienced data and analytics technologists who understand the challenges users face when building, optimizing and maintaining data platforms at scale. In this role, you will create content, like demos, presentations, videos, posts and webinars to help customers be successful with the Upsolver product and inspire them to take action to accelerate adoption of data, analytics and machine learning in their organization.
What You’ll Do
- As a builder, you will deliver compelling technical presentations, demos, webinars and hands-on training to help increase awareness and adoption of Upsolver platform.
- As a thought leader, you will engage with developers, partners, industry leaders, customers, and influencers to collaborate on innovative approaches and solutions to solve challenging data problems.
- As a teacher, you will speak in industry conferences, user groups, and customer advisory boards to help developers build effective data platforms using Upsolver and partner services.
- As an ambassador, you will develop relationships with developers and their communities, expand the Upsolver community and amplify the voices of community Heroes.
- As a product leader, you will engage with customers, partners and the community to define and shape the Upsolver product. You are “Customer Zero”.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or a related technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years experience in big data, analytics and/or streaming industry, with special emphasis in ETL, ELT, streaming, data-warehousing, and data lakes.
- Proven experience with data engineering tools such as Apache Spark, Hive and Presto and popular commercial tools like Databricks, Snowflake, AWS Glue and Amazon Redshift.
- Working knowledge and experience with data and software engineering processes
- Proven experience in developing and presenting technical demos, hands-on training and proof-of-concept solutions.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Published white-papers, best practices, blog posts, competitive comparisons, and product data sheets.
- Practical hands-on experience with AWS and Azure.
- Ability to translate difficult technical solutions and ideas to simple and easily consumable information.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.