Senior Product Marketing Manager
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
Responsibilities and Activities
This position reports to the EVP of Marketing includes the following responsibilities:
- Positioning and messaging - Develop market segmentation, personae descriptions and value propositions. Distill key functionality and benefits into core product, use case and industry solution marketing messages. Drive message clarity and consistency across sales and marketing channels.
- Content - build content to educate the market on our positioning, value and differentiation. Create and maintain marketing assets such as presentations, whitepapers, reference architectures, customer success stories, product videos, how to guides, ROI/TCO tools etc.
- Speaking: Act as product expert to sales, customers, partners, industry analysts and media outlets. Confidently deliver presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Product launch – orchestrate the launch of new products and releases in conjunction with product management, marketing and sales.
- Campaigns - support demand generation through creation of compelling campaign themes. Support campaign through providing raw content for campaign assets.
- Sales and partner enablement – build strong relationships with Upsolver Sales and Upsolver support and Upsolver partners. Deliver high-quality materials that assist Sales in closing more, larger deals faster including qualification, discovery, technical and value selling, objection handling and competitive threats.
- Market intelligence - be the voice of the market to the company. Be expert on who is buying, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand customer use cases and value delivered, be the expert on competition and how we can win.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience
- 5 + years of product marketing experience with a track record of success in the data management or analytics software industries.
- Rock-solid understanding of the cloud big data analytics ecosystem including technologies and products used for batch and streaming data movement, data lakes, data processing / transformation, query engines, and cloud data warehouses.
- Technically adept, with a computer science, engineering, or technology background.
- Whole-brained - analytical and logical, but also creative.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, driven and hungry to win.
- Thoughtful and conscientious execution, attends to details.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial; can get things done in non-traditional ways when obstacles occur.
- Team-oriented with excellent people skills.
- Ethical, a decent person
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.