Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our skilled R&D team as the 1st DevOps core member of our growing team.
We create the next generation of Big Data management layer: Upsolver develops a platform that manages the entire cloud-based file system, inlet, and output data channels.
Our mission is to hide all the complexity which is involved in Big Data management in Data Lakes. A developer can now use SQL to query information stream *without writing a single line of code*, and without managing anything in production.
Cool, isn't it?
In your role, you will have the opportunity to design and work on high scale systems that handle millions of events daily and are based on cutting-edge technologies - all while keeping our technological infrastructure rock-solid and future-forward.
As Upsolver Senior DevOps engineer, you will lead the building and maintaining our big data platform environment to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. You will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, and automation of services cloud infrastructure and pipelines, while enabling and collaborating with product teams to efficiently deliver high-quality projects. You will have endless opportunities for architecture design and implementation within AWS and Azure cloud infrastructures in a largely bottom-up and healthy debate team culture, Manage super-large data ingestion and analytics pipeline running on AWS and Azure.
We are growing significantly due to our recent funding, and we plan to scale our production even further.
Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with developers and Customer Operations in building analysis tools and production automation tools
- Work with multiple AWS and Azure services
- Manage, monitor, scale, and troubleshoot a distributed highly scalable, highly available, customer-facing software stack
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve production-grade issues, troubleshoot and configure the system and applicative aspects.
- Develop and support new CI/CD pipelines flows.
- Develop architectural POCs
What You’ll Need
- At least 3+ years as a DevOps engineer with a cloud product
- At least 3+ years expertise in the AWS cloud platform - a must
- Experience in infrastructure as Terraform or CloudFormation - a must
- Coding experience in Java/Scala/Python
- Experience in Monitoring systems as InfluxDB/Prometheus
- Experience in identity providers as OneLogin, Okta
Experience in ELK Stack
- Willing to participate in on-call rotation
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with various SQL and NOSQL DBs - a big plus
- Knowledge of big data solutions (Hadoop, Spark) and large messaging infrastructures (Kafka) - a big plus
- Startup experience – a plus