We are growing our finance team. As an Operational Global Controller, you will oversee the company’s financial records, optimizing financial processes and controls, manage the treasury policy and controls, support the financial systems and tools, oversee the ongoing tax reporting in all the localizations and other ad-hock projects required in the finance team.
We are looking for a controller who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, curious, pays attention to details, and has wide accounting knowledge, as well as being a team player.
What you’ll do
- Manage month-end close processes
- Manage the revenue recognition process and MRR calculation.
- SAAS metrics management
- Editing of Actual vs budget monthly reports
- Accompanying the audit process with the auditors
- Payment to vendors process.
- Control the collection process.
- Assisting with Company’s special projects as well as Investors requests
- Interact with other departments to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial analysis, reports, and recommendations
- Implement financial and accounting system (Netsuite) processes, tools, and control systems
- Work closely with the CFO on a variety of projects and processes.
What you’ll need
- CPA with an accounting firm experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a SaaS company - a must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel - a must
- Speaking and writing English fluently - a must
- Experience with NetSuite - advantage
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, demonstrate an understanding of financial modeling and accounting, and organize and plan
- This position requires teamwork, enthusiasm, and service-oriented skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lake’s notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts up to 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning. Upsolver uses a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month. Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its outstanding ease-of-use, for even the most ambitious use cases, and it’s the only officially recommended partner for the AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly results-oriented team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or difficult. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is settled, commit wholly.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of providing productivity tools for data lakes.. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about optimizing data ETL workflows. Our engineers build products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy challenges