Upsolver is looking for a PMO with great leadership and technical skills, to lead a top notch development team, in a fast-paced environment.
As our PMO you will be part of Upsolver’s R&D management team and will be responsible for taking the roadmap from Product through R&D and to our customers.
You will have the primary responsibility to ensure the self-organizing, self-managing R&D team to achieve its goals, through continuous improvement of processes and culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies and build the next generation of Big Data databases.
What you’ll do
- Conduct the group effort of converting great ideas to deployed and beloved capabilities throughout the entire development life cycle of the product
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D, Architects, Operations, and Customer Success
- Coordinate and facilitate engineering meetings such as daily standup, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospective
- Conduct constant monitoring of projects’ execution, risks, milestones, and timeline.
- Present and communicate results, progress, and status updates in different forums including management and relevant stakeholders
What you’ll need
- At least 4 years of experience in PMO roles in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience from Saas/Cloud companies
- Experience from a production environment
- Knowledge and background in working according to project management methodologies
- SQL Knowledge – Advantage
- Bsc. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Outstanding technical and project management skills, risk management decision making, own the test strategy, and test matrix
- Great communication skills. Track record of building positive and productive cross-group collaboration and partner relationships, share resources and ownership
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to influence others, and cooperation with peers
- Strong written, verbal, communication, networking, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with lots of energy and a positive attitude
- A problem solver, capable of finding creative solutions and getting things done
- Fluent English speaking and writing
Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lake’s notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts up to 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning. Upsolver uses a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month. Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its outstanding ease-of-use, for even the most ambitious use cases, and it’s the only officially recommended partner for the AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly results-oriented team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or difficult. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is settled, commit wholly.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of providing productivity tools for data lakes.. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about optimizing data ETL workflows. Our engineers build products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy challenges.