Head Of Product Management
Upsolver is looking for a Head Of Product Management who will develop and lead a world-class team of product managers, engineers, and designers, and is passionate about building ground-breaking, lovable products. You will report to VP Product and Engineering and will be based in our headquarters in Tel Aviv (a walking distance from the train station).
Upsolver is developing the next generation of Big Data databases which outperforms modern databases and ETL technologies.
What you’ll do
- Help to lead and define Upsolver’s product strategy and vision to drive successful execution and meet product growth goals
- Develop and head the Upsolver Product Management team including Product Managers, Product Design, and technical writing.
- Work with customers to help direct product roadmap and improve customer experience
- Establish a shared vision for the product across the company while working with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, customer success, marketing, sales, etc.). You’ll take full ownership and have a massive impact on the company
- Evaluate the team’s solutions through qualitative methods such as user interviews, usability tests & surveys along with data analysis and AB tests
- Understand the market, competition, and champion our users to craft product strategies that will lead to long term success
- Motivate a group of some of the smartest, most committed, and fun people you’ve ever worked with.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years as Senior Product management with proven strong leadership skills, and management experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- Strong technical background; 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer, Architect, etc
- Experience working on Data-Driven / B2D / Cloud/ Big Data product
- Experience with managing a Product-Led Growth - a huge advantage
- Experience with working with development teams on high complexity systems
- Details oriented
- Experience with SQL - Advantage
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Strong understanding of customer needs and the ability to translate them into a technical solution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
- An open mind to innovative thinking and bold projects
- Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics degree
Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lake’s notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts up to 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning. Upsolver uses a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month. Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its outstanding ease-of-use, for even the most ambitious use cases, and it’s the only officially recommended partner for the AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly results-oriented team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or difficult. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is settled, commit wholly.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of providing productivity tools for data lakes.. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about optimizing data ETL workflows. Our engineers build products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, and enjoy challenges