Senior Product Designer
As Upsolver’s Product Designer, you will define our design practices from the ground up. You will build a product that tries to make highly complex tasks seem as simple as possible for the user.
Upsolver has a top-notch engineering team which redefines the way data lakes manage the flow of unstructured data.
If you want to work among the best developers who write a real-time, non-relational, data management layer, and you think you can scale up, we want you.
Upsolver is very well funded and serves dozens of customers in production. Some of these customers are Sisense, Proofpoint, IronSource, and Peer39, and it is the only partner Amazon recommends for Amazon Athena.
What you'll do
- Help develop, manage, and refine our design system and UX workflow.
- Drive user experience and design of our product: develop ideas – brainstorm and create wireframes, deliver a detailed UX and UI design, and provide feedback to the development team.
- Conduct ongoing user research activities.
- Act as the user advocate – craft intelligent, cutting-edge, and user-centred experiences.
- Work together with the R&D and product teams to bring these experiences to life.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in building user experiences and designing UI for complex web products, preferably in a SaaS or data related product.
- Experience with data, data analysis, databases, or development environments – is an advantage.
- Independent who master UX and UI design.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A skilled problem solver who can research and understand complex problems and deliver elegantly simple solutions.
- Ready to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment.
- High level of verbal and written English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- A university degree in a related field (Design, Human Factor Engineering, Cognitive/ Applied Psychology) is an advantage.
- A highly creative self-starter who can see the big picture and focus on small details.
Upsolver for Data Lakes is what Oracle was for tables management: We create the next generation of Big Data management layer.
Upsolver develops a platform that manages the entire cloud-based file system, inlet, and output data channels.
Simply put, when you need to deal with a vast amount of data, you need to stream it into cloud storage, re-format it, enrich it for queries and analytics, optimize it, archive it, and do it for any data source, data format, and for any query engine.
This requires a lot of coding and then monitoring in production. For a developer or a data team, this is a lot of overhead.
Upsolver hides all this complexity. A developer can now use SQL to query information stream coming from Kafka, for example, or prepare it to an ad-hoc query engine like Presto, *without writing a single line of code*, and without managing anything in production.