Senior Product Manager
If you're obsessed with rolling out a differentiated product with a perfect market fit, you have arrived at the right place. We're looking for an experienced product manager who will design, build and ship industry-defining data lake management products and technology.
Upsolver has a top-notch engineering team which redefines the way data lakes manage the flow and of unstructured data.
If you want to work among the best developers who write a real-time, non-relational, data management layer, and you think you can scale up, we want you.
Upsolver is very well funded and serves dozens of customers in production. Some of these customers are Sisense, Proofpoint, IronSource, and Peer39, and it is the only partner Amazon recommends for Amazon Athena
What you'll do
* Work with customers and other internal and external stakeholders to understand implicit needs
* Take a significant part in defining the product roadmap and will be responsible for executing it.
* Work closely with the R&D team, define requirements and follow up on them until delivery
* Develop and use product metrics and usage telemetries to drive product decisions
* Master the competitors' solutions and find ways to differentiate yours
Work closely with the UX designers to create the perfect user experience for our users.
What you bring
* 3+ years in product management roles in either big data or analytics products
* 2+ experience as a software developer on a cloud-based product
* Worked in a big data environment as a developer, product manager, data engineer, or similar. Fluent in SQL.
* Managing a Product-Led Growth - a huge advantage
* Business to Developers product - a huge advantage
* BSc, BA or greater in CS, mathematics, computer engineering, or similar.
Experience with making decisions based on data analysis
Ability to see the big picture and coordinate efforts of multiple development teams
* Independence and go-getter attitude – a must.
* Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
* Open mind to innovative thinking and bold projects
* Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical areas
Upsolver for Data Lakes is what Oracle was for tables management: We create the next generation of Big Data management layer.
Upsolver develops a platform that manages the entire cloud-based file system, inlet, and output data channels.
Simply put, when you need to deal with a vast amount of data, you need to stream it into cloud storage, re-format it, enrich it for queries and analytics, optimize it, archive it, and do it for any data source, data format, and for any query engine.
This requires a lot of coding and then monitoring in production. For a developer or a data team, this is a lot of overhead.
Upsolver hides all this complexity. A developer can now use SQL to query information stream coming from Kafka, for example, or prepare it to an ad-hoc query engine like Presto, *without writing a single line of code*, and without managing anything in production.