Senior Product Manager
Upsolver for Data Lakes is what Oracle was for tables management: We create the next generation of Big Data management layer: Upsolver develops a platform that manages the entire cloud-based file system, inlet, and output data channels.
Upsolver hides all the complexity which is involved in Big Data management in Data Lakes. A developer can now use SQL to query information stream coming from Kafka, for example, or prepare it to an ad-hoc query engine *without writing a single line of code*, and without managing anything in production.
Cool, isn't it?
If you aspire to work among the best engineering team and you think you can scale up, we want you.
Upsolver is very well funded and serves dozens of customers in production. Some of these customers are IronSource, Sisense, IronSource AppsFlyer and Wix, and it is the only partner Amazon recommends for Amazon Athena (https://aws.amazon.com/athena/).
If you're obsessed with rolling out a differentiated product with a perfect market fit, you have arrived at the right place. We're looking for an experienced product manager who will design, build and ship industry-defining data lake management products and technology.
This is a brand-new exciting role reporting to our VP Product and Engineering
What you'll do
* Work with customers and other internal and external stakeholders to understand implicit needs
* Take a significant part in defining the product roadmap and will be responsible for executing it.
* Work closely with the R&D team, define requirements and follow up on them until delivery
* Develop and use product metrics and usage telemetries to drive product decisions
* Master the competitors' solutions and find ways to differentiate yours
* Work closely with the UX designers to create the perfect user experience for our users.
What you bring
* At least 3 years of experience in product management roles in either big data or analytics products
* At least 2 years of experience as a software developer on a cloud-based product
* BSc, BA or greater in CS, mathematics, computer engineering, or similar.
* Experience with big data environment as a developer, product manager, data engineer, or similar.
* Fluent in SQL
* Experience with managing a Product-Led Growth - a huge advantage
* Experience with Business to Developers product - a huge advantage
* Experience with making decisions based on data analysis
* Ability to see the big picture and coordinate efforts of multiple development teams
* Independence and go-getter attitude – a must.
* Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
* Open mind to innovative thinking and bold projects
* Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical areas