Explore our expert-made templates & start with the right one for you.
Sales Development Representative
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
As a Sales Development Representative at Upsolver, you are a creative, energetic, self-starter who understands the sales process. You know how to sell innovation and disruption through customer vision expansion and can drive deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers. As part of this role, you will be following up on all inbound leads–demo requests, eBooks, and whitepapers, and lead these prospects on their customer journey. You will also prospect net new leads to secure meetings with our AEs.
- Utilize a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Identify the most mature expand use cases in each account to maximize Upsolver’s impact
- Orchestrate and leverage cross-functional teams to maximize the impact on your ecosystem.
- Deliver high caliber, persuasive presentations
- Develop and execute a high-velocity sales strategy, selling both into SMB as well as Enterprise markets.
- Build exceptional value with all engagements to drive successful negotiations to close point
- Evangelize Upsolver’s Data Lake ETL platform
- Obsessively listening to our customers while delivering the technical and business outcome using Upsolver’s Platform
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Comfort and expertise in cold calling and talking and explaining our product to prospects on the phone
- Sales experience within Big Data, Cloud, or SaaS sales
- An aptitude for technical saas products and a desire to learn about Big Data solutions
- Extensive prior customer relationships with CTOs, VP of Engineering, and key decision-makers
- Ability to simply articulate intricate cloud technologies and big data
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Success closing SMB + Enterprise accounts.
- 2+ years of sales experience
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.