Senior Solutions Engineer
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
As an Account Executive at Upsolver, you are a creative, energetic, self-starter who understands the sales process. You know how to sell innovation and disruption through customer vision expansion and can drive deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you must be able to close net new accounts while up-selling existing accounts.
- Engage with prospects and customers through initial sales meetings, Product demos, POCs, on-boarding, and day-to-day use of the platform.
- Tailor big data solutions using Upsolver’s product, streaming platforms like Apache Kafka, and complimentary cloud platforms like Athena, Redshift etc..
- Address competitive analysis inquiries.
- Write content for blogs, documentation, videos, and any other content that explains how to use the Upsolver platform to solve real-world use cases.
- Deep experience in big data space – mandatory.
- Deep experience with cloud data services on AWS – mandatory.
- Deep experience in SQL/DB practices - Mandatory, past experience as DBA will be preferred
- 2+ years of experience addressing customers’ needs in a pre-sales position with a high-velocity sales – mandatory.
- Proven ability to run high-velocity activity, you are able to context switch easily, thrive when multi-tasking, fast pace is what you prefer.
- Comfortable with talking up and down the IT chain of command including directors, managers, architects, and developers.
- Familiarity with a full range of data engineering approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods.
- Work in a lean team with a focus on getting things done.
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.