VP of Solutions Architecture
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
The VP of Solution Architecture is responsible for the management of the global solutions architects, sales engineering, and customer success process. You will provide technical vision, thought leadership, and execution in the strategic development, architecture, and implementation of Upsolver’s products and services to enable our customers’ data transformations.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, coach, and drive an outstanding Solutions Architects and Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Enable demand capture and creation across all selling motions: in close partnership with the CRO, sales team members, and key stakeholders.
- Lead effective pre-sales engagement with solutions architects and post-sales engagement with Sales Engineering across all selling motions; sell-to, sell-with, and sell-through
- Executing technical wins: identifying and mitigating technical risk; driving pipeline; and advancing and enabling the strategic direction of Upsolver’s ecosystem
- Responsible for improving Upsolver’s deal quality, conversion, and ultimately, customer success
- Is the foremost expert in Upsolver’s tools and products, and applying this expertise to set our customers up for success
- Responsible for coordinating customization work with the engineering and product teams and ensuring customized solutions are built for future scale and adoption
- Strong empathy for customers and understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- High impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results.
- Experience leading success of a highly technical product
- Deep go-to-market knowledge and experience implementing and measuring operational metrics, leveraging data to identify trends in customer satisfaction and retention risk.
- Exceptional business acumen and world-class presentation and customer interaction skills.
- Ability to respond to high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty including the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers.
- Big Data domain experience required
- Experience managing a global team of Solutions Architects and Sales Engineers
- Experience working for a growth-stage startup company
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.