Technical Talent Specialist
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
As a Technical Talent Acquisitions Specialist, you will partner with the VP of People and leaders across Upsolver to design top-performing teams, hire the talent needed for these teams, and think strategically on long term talent needs to accomplish our mission. You have a reputation for being extraordinary at candidate generation, organization and demonstrating warranted pushback.
You will truly enjoy what you do, be flexible and communicative. This role will report to the VP of People with extensive cross-functional interaction to drive strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of Upsolver.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR MISSION
- Partner: with the VP of People and hiring managers to assess talent needs to deliver high impact and high-quality; advice on talent strategy, contributing your expertise on the market, interview best practices, and effective recruiting process to ensure we have an elite talent function.
- Build: attract top, diverse talent across engineering to build high performance; ensure assessment process provides candidates of all backgrounds with equal, unbiased consideration, and opportunity.
- Impress: create first-in-class experiences for both candidate and business through high touch engagement that exemplifies Upsolver’s employee experience (i.e., values and culture); maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive sourcing strategies and ongoing relationship management.
- Own full-cycle recruitment for our business functions across the R+D team. Our team is small; there’s a lot of opportunities to make your mark on how you do that.
- You really enjoy recruiting. You are in it for the fun of it.
- You have a passion for deeply understanding the business needs driving the reqs we have open and feel strongly that the only way to deliver at a high bar is by partnering directly with your hiring teams, helping them understand your process and them helping you understand theirs.
- You are autonomous, have a high internal locus of control, and getting things done makes you happy.
- You are humble, and it’s a point of pride for you. Large egos don’t do well at Upsolver.
- Experience owning full-cycle recruitment at a tech company for at least two years.
- Get excited about sourcing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.