We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
We’re looking for a driven sales development leader to manage our Sales Development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about people and pipeline.
Sales Development at Upsolver is a specialized team focused on the Top of the Funnel built to generate a repeatable quality pipeline. We are a team of trustworthy, high-performing, productive, and motivated individuals, where the work is meaningful and achievements are recognized.
In this highly visible role, you will lead a global team of sales development representatives who are responsible for both inbound lead processing as well as cold outbound outreach.
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets
- Hire and onboard new Sales Development Representatives
- Keep up with industry trends, product knowledge, familiarity with sales tools team is using, identify process improvements
- Work closely with the marketing team, sales leaders to support SDR outbound programs, help with messaging, etc.
- Provide your team with regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics and KPIs with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality, and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Upsolver, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Upsolver, our competitors, and industry trends
- 4+ years experience leading/managing with a track record in hiring, developing and promoting
- 2+ years experience prospecting as an individual contributor and closing
- Complex software experience in a comparable company (technical and multi level decision making)
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) experience
- Global management experience a must
- Top performer, results oriented, with a track record of overachievement
- Experience using and implementing a sales methodology
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.