Sales Operations Specialist
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
We are looking for a team-player who is extremely detail-oriented, driven and ready to work hard in a fast-paced sales environment. This is an internal support role and not quota carrying, but it is still critical as the success of our sales team depends, in large part, on the effort of the Sales Operations Specialist.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and improve our Sales & Marketing database, which is the foundation upon which the rest of the Sales organization runs. Focus areas include: general data integrity, managing our data vendors and ad hoc list requests, executing internal processes, and more.
- Provide insights to support our Sales professionals by creating reports and dashboards, running analysis, and assist with internal processes to accelerate the deal cycle.
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in Salesforce and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis.
- Enhance sales productivity by simplifying processes and eliminating bottlenecks
- Define, track, and analyze key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, and quota attainment
- Own tracking of the sales funnel and related operational metrics to deliver regular insights to the business
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail: you’re a stickler for ensuring every single piece of a process or analysis is built out correctly.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel analysis and modeling skills are a must (familiarity with pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.)
- 1-3 years’ professional experience, ideally in consulting, finance, or a startup.
- Previous Sales or Sales Operations experience a plus.
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.