Revenue Operations Manager
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who loves to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
We’re looking for an experienced Revenue Operations Manager to oversee the reporting and tracking of funnel metrics for our business, helping us maintain clear visibility over our sales and marketing activities, and build out a more predictable model and process for revenue forecasting. You will participate in the definition of the KPIs alongside management, sales, and marketing; be responsible for maintaining and improving the tools we utilize to develop key reports; and help the sales teams with their daily workflows. Ultimately, the role might encompass metrics across the entire company.
What You’ll Do
- Generate regular and ad-hoc metric analysis for the Sales, and Marketing Leadership Teams to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers such as renewals, prospecting, and lead generation.
- Define and measure KPIs, create forecasts and build dashboards for the teams to easily understand the health of the business and to help them hit their goals
- Build reports, views, and other tools to ensure no prospect or opportunity goes untouched
- Assist in the creation of variable incentive compensation models, variable incentive automation, and variable incentive performance calculations. Lead resource planning for all GTM teams based on revenue, forecast, and potential
- Provide direction and training to new Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, and Sales Development to onboard them into our revenue workflows
- Drive data quality, process, and automation activities that improve workflow efficiencies; find opportunities to automate manual processes that improve workflows and efficiency inside and outside of Salesforce
- 5+ years of relevant experience in revenue/sales operations in a startup
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences.
- Attention to detail: you’re a stickler for ensuring every single piece of a process or analysis is built out correctly.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture.
- Excel analysis and modeling skills are a must (familiarity with pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.)
- BA/BS or equivalent 4-year degree required
- Passion for pioneering innovative, highly effective tools & processes
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.