We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
Upsolver is looking for Customer Ops
We’re looking for the first customer operations person to join Upsolver:
Manage all the unresolved issues, make the system more reliable by raising flags to R&D, and boost the customer’s satisfaction by helping them with their problems.
- Working with operational systems like Kibana and Grafana is a plus
- Analytical thinking
- Proficient in English
- High level of interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Capable of quickly adapting to new responsibilities and meeting new expectations in a rapidly growing company and industry
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Be the first expert a client speaks to when they have an issue
- Proactively identify and attempt to resolve client issues and queries
- Advocate for customer needs and requests with other teams to improve the product
- Manage issue escalation to the engineering team
- Field and efficiently diagnose customer reported technical, pre-and post-sales issues via phone, email, and chat
- Provide clear, professional, & friendly communications to both end-users and internal Upsolver contacts throughout the troubleshooting process until resolution
- Efficiently escalate issues internally in the event the issue cannot be resolved via normal troubleshooting steps
- Serve as a customer advocate internally to ensure that product expectations are not only met but exceeded, in a timely manner
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.