Director of Product Management
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
The Director of Product Management will develop, implement, and continuously evolve an engagement strategy that increases customer retention, leads to better business outcomes, and creates an exceptional customer experience. You will be leading a critical pillar in our analytics efforts, you will partner directly with our product and marketing teams to surface key insights and devise strategies that drive product growth. This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work with leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and own Product lead growth
- Drive GTM strategy, and plan & execute launches
- Act as a strategic thought partner to product and marketing, helping to prioritize and execute data and analytics efforts and investments
- Champion the use of data to drive decision making across the company and at all levels of the organization
- Be a “player/coach”, digging in to deliver critical insights that drive the business forward
- Partner with the rest of marketing to create engaging content such as presentations, webinars, blog posts, datasheets, eBooks, and whitepapers
- Create a growth roadmap of strategic initiatives and scalable solutions
- Develop and own the product roadmap with detailed quarterly plan and KPI objectives
- Partner to create and improve an agile, cross-functional product development
- Bachelor or Master of Science in a technical degree
- 8+ years of experience building great products and leading successful growth efforts in a B2B environment.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and experience defining and understanding A/B testing, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition, retention, and go-to-market strategies
- Experience defining product priorities and initiatives based upon quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Ability to break down complex and detailed information into an organized and consumable format
Possesses an “integrity first” attitude and demonstrates a passionate commitment to the customer experience and product quality.
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.