Director of Cloud Alliances
We are Upsolver. Our mission is to turn cost-effective cloud data lakes into easy-to-use repositories for all data practitioners, by eliminating the lakes’ notorious engineering complexity. Upsolver cuts 95% from the tedious process of preparing event data for analytics and machine learning, using a visual SQL-based interface, a cloud-native data platform, and deep technology for stream-processing, indexing, and eventually-consistent file systems.
Upsolver is already serving data-driven customers around the world, processing hundreds of petabytes every month Upsolver’s platform is recommended repeatedly by AWS for its unique ease-of-use for even the most challenging use cases and it’s the only officially recommended partner for AWS Athena service. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to simplify and scale data infrastructure.
Treat the company like it’s yours and earn the customer’s trust; while we must work together as one team, we value integrity first by treating our co-workers, customers, and partners like we would like to be treated ourselves. We obsessively listen to our customers and our teammates to truly understand. We believe in creating the best technology for big data. For us, this means always insisting on the best possible processing performance, the lowest possible infrastructure cost, elasticity, and flexibility to support any possible processing use case. We achieve this by simplifying and inventing solutions that are an order of magnitude easier compared to what our customers currently use. Finally, we value communicating fearlessly by disagreeing and committing. Harmony can be the enemy of excellence and quality. We believe in challenging decisions and deliverables when we disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. We expect our team to be tenacious and not to compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, commit wholly.
What You’ll Do
- Be the expert in the AWS and Azure sales messaging, motion, and organizational alignment. Create and communicate differentiated value propositions and messaging for Upsolver solutions
- Develop and execute joint programs or activities to generate sales alignment and new customer logos & bookings through co-selling activities with AWS and Azure
- Use internal and external resources to effectively position Upsolver as a leader/partner of choice within AWS and Azure
- Be entrepreneurial – Identify and pursue new market opportunities with AWS and Azure, and Upsolver’s sales team
- Drive partner sourced pipeline and revenue
- Maintain and nurture relationships with AWS and Azure representatives to ensure that all parties are satisfied with the progress and deliver on business outcomes of the partnerships
- Incremental pipeline created from AWS and Azure-oriented initiatives
- New customer logos and bookings with APN and through AWS and Azure Marketplace
- ROI from activities and investments selected to implement at and with AWS + Azure
- Strong relationships with key executives within AWS + Azure and AWS + Azure ecosystem is strongly preferred
- 10 years of experience in the software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance, and/or partner management.
- Experience with direct and indirect sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a cloud alliances role, tracking all types of measurements including sell-through, sell to, and sell with (partner influence)
- Demonstrated aptitude for emerging industry trends.
- Aptitude to develop, negotiate, and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Ability to develop new strategic alliances and field partnerships
- Player/coach that can build and motivate, lead and, develop a team of alliance managers.
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- International go-to-market experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Upsolver embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.